Nintendo Direct Mini
Switch Craft is brought to you live every Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Tune in live at Twitch.tv/runjumpstomp/
This episode of Switch Craft is made possible by Patrons like you. Get SwitchCraft and my other content ad free for as little as a dollar at Patreon.com/RunJumpStomp/
Use these affiliate links to get your eShop cards
Story Links for this Episode
Today, Nintendo debuted a Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase, a video presentation focused on Nintendo Switch games from Nintendo’s development and publishing partners. The video is the first in a series of upcoming Partner Showcase presentations that will be released this year.
Highlights of the debut showcase include details about two new games in the popular and acclaimed Shin Megami Tensei RPG series – a high-definition remake of Shin Megami Tensei III, a beloved classic in the series, coming Spring 2021, and a new game in the main numbered series, Shin Megami Tensei V, which will have a simultaneous global launch on Nintendo Switch in 2021.
The Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase also revealed three paid DLC packs for Cadence of Hyrule – Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda, adding new characters, modes and maps. Additionally, the video showed off action-packed gameplay for two upcoming Nintendo Switch games, Rogue Company and WWE 2K Battlegrounds.
“With this new Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase, we are delighted to be shining a spotlight on great games from our development and publishing partners,” said Steve Singer, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Publisher and Developer Relations. “With multiple showcases this year, we can continue highlighting the breadth of games and the variety of experiences all types of players can get on Nintendo Switch.”
To view the Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase video in its entirety, visit https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/07-20-2020/. Some of the highlights revealed in the video include:
- Shin Megami Tensei V: The next numbered entry in ATLUS’ beloved Shin Megami Tensei series is coming exclusively to Nintendo Switch. In this epic role-playing game, order itself has crumbled and chaos reigns over all. Shin Megami Tensei V will have a simultaneous global launch on Nintendo Switch in 2021.
- Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster: It’s been 17 years since the original release of Shin Megami Tensei III, known in the U.S. as Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. Now, the apocalyptic legend returns in a full high-definition remake of the classic game, coming to Nintendo Switch in spring 2021.
- Rogue Company: A stylish new shooter lands on Nintendo Switch! Lay waste to opponents with an arsenal of weapons and abilities in this online multiplayer third-person shooter from First Watch Games. Clash with other players in competitive and casual game modes, or rise to the challenge against AI opponents that surely bring the heat. If players fall in battle, their teammates can revive them, letting them immediately jump back into the fray. Cross-platform play and cross-save are also supported from day one, along with support for motion-controlled aiming. More information about Rogue Company will be revealed later today!
- WWE 2K Battlegrounds: The world of WWE is your battleground with all-new, over-the-top, in-your-face arcade action, as your favorite WWE Superstars and Legends battle it out in outlandish interactive environments. Both casual gamers and long-time wrestling fans will love the easy, pick-up-and-play multiplayer experience when WWE 2K Battlegrounds launches for Nintendo Switch on Sept. 18.
- Cadence of Hyrule Season Pass: Three paid DLC packs are coming to the Cadence of Hyrule – Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda game, with the first pack launching later today!
- Pack 1: Character Pack – In the first pack, five additional characters join the game’s ensemble, including Impa, who excels in ranged attacks with the Naginata weapon, and Aria, perfect for players who like a challenge. It’s game over if you take one hit or miss a beat with her.
- Pack 2: Melody Pack – After purchasing this pack, 39 songs will be added to the game, including remixed versions of the game’s background music. Players can change the background music at any time so they can listen to their favorite songs while journeying through Hyrule.
- Pack 3: Additional Story Content – Symphony of the Mask – Play as the mysterious Skull Kid and venture through a new map in the third DLC pack, complete with new songs and a new story. Skull Kid also possesses the power to change abilities based on the masks he dons.
DLC Pack 1 will be available to purchase later today for $5.99. The second DLC pack will be released before the end of October for $5.99. The third DLC pack will also be released before the end of October, and will be available for $9.99. A Season Pass containing all three DLC packs as they release will be available to purchase starting today for $14.99. People who purchase the Season Pass will also receive bonus costumes for Link and Zelda. A physical version of the game that contains the main game and all three DLC packs will launch on Oct. 23 for $39.99.
Become a part of the community at runjumpstomp.com/discord you can also watch the show live at twitch.tv/runjumpstomp. Get a hold of me by emailing me Runjumpstomp@gmail.com or you can reach out to me on Twitter @runjumpstomp Use the #AskRJS
This show is part of the Giant Sized Team Up Network, for more information check out GSTU.net
The music on your hearing right now is Corneria Starfox Remix by Noteblock!
Mario celebrates summer. How Rocket League cross progression works. Updates / Spiritual successors / Nostalgia! – Nintendo Switch Craft – A Nintendo Podcast
- Mario celebrates summer. How Rocket League cross progression works. Updates / Spiritual successors / Nostalgia!
- Is Nintendo Anti-consumer? Possible Ports, Crashing into Switch!
- Bite the Bullet Interview
- Favorite Shooters, Shovelware problems, Switch Themes
- Pikmin for Switch, Spitlings is awesome, Hypercharged Demo, and Wargroove back in the news.
FTC: As an Amazon Associate RunJumpStomp earns from qualifying purchases using links on this channel and across the web. Where possible, RunJumpStomp uses affiliate links in order to be compensated for our recommendations.