– The countdown to Serious Sam 4 starts with “Against All Odds” – find out more about the early days of Serious Sam development, and Croteam’s beginnings
Croteam starts the official countdown to Serious Sam 4 with a brand new behind-the-scenes video that intertwines gameplay and developer interviews. Croteam’s founding father, Davor Hunski, looks back on the early days of Serious Sam and talks about some of the challenges of developing video games in Croatia during the 90s.
The “Against All Odds” video is the first in a five-part series scheduled to be published weekly leading up to the release of Serious Sam 4 on September 24, 2020, via PC and Stadia.
ABOUT SERIOUS SAM 4
Serious Sam 4 is a high-powered prequel to the legendary FPS series that scales up chaos to unprecedented levels. The classic Serious Sam formula is revamped by putting an unstoppable arsenal up against an unimaginable number of enemies that requires players to circle-strafe and backpedal-blast their way out of impossible situations.
- HORDES OF INVADERS – The iconic cast of alien invaders returns with some new reinforcements! Fight your way through unbelievable numbers of Mental’s minions, including the iconic Headless Kamikaze, Beheaded Rocketeer, Kleer, Scrapjack, Werebull, and Khnum! Square off against brand new enemies and towering monsters like the frantic Processed, repulsive Belcher, the hard-hitting Zealot, and more.
- EXPLOSIVE ARSENAL – Armed with a slew of devastating weapons, pick your tool for any situation. Lay waste to Mental’s Horde using the powerful double-barreled shotgun, the punishing minigun, the powerful chainsaw launcher, a brand new auto shotgun, and the iconic cannon. Upgrade your toys, and enjoy the violent beauty of the lock-on rocket launcher, and the mighty laser beam of death.
- COOPERATIVE MAYHEM – Smash through the action-packed campaign with friends in 4-player online co-op mode! Tackle exciting primary missions and thrilling side quests in modified difficulties for an extra challenge.
- LEGION SYSTEM – Serious Sam 4 unleashes some of the biggest moments in the series’ history with the new Legion System and battlefields teeming with thousands of enemies!