Deep dive on Steve and Alex
Use these affiliate links to get your eShop cards
Story Links for this Episode
Another Switch in the Family
- Steve and Alex from Minecraft deep dive
- The Basics: Like in Minecraft, players can hold down the attack button to walk while repeatedly swinging a sword, axe or pickaxe. These attacks have short range, but wide reach. These tools can also be used for abilities new to the Super Smash Bros. franchise: Mine, Craft and Create Block.
- Mine: While battling, Steve and Alex can use their tools to dig into the ground or walls of each stage to extract materials. The materials found – dirt, wood, stone, iron, gold and diamond – will depend on the type of surface Steve and Alex dig into. Dig into the tree-filled Kongo Jungle, for example, and players will find an abundance of wood, while iron can be discovered on the Corneria stage.
- Craft: After mining, players can then craft using the materials they collected. Steve and Alex’s tools have limited durability and can break, so crafting new tools is vital to maintaining an advantage on the battlefield. By standing in front of a crafting table, which will appear on the stage, players can use materials to craft these tools – the more valuable the material, the more powerful the tool!
- Create Block: Another move that Steve and Alex can use is Create Block. By activating this ability, players will, well, create a block! These blocks can be stacked and strategically placed as defensive maneuvers. Blocks also use materials, like crafting, so players will have to continue to mine to maintain their material supply.
- Final Smash: Steve and Alex’s explosive Final Smash is called House of Boom. After destroying the Smash Ball, players will summon a giant piston, which sends opponents flying into the House of Boom. From there, the iconic Creepers from Minecraft will set off an explosion, dealing massive damage.
Discord / Twitter / Twitch / Youtube all on the site!
The music on your hearing right now is Corneria Starfox Remix by Noteblock!
This show is part of the Giant Sized Team Up Network, for more information check out GSTU.net
Why aren't Amiibo in Mario Kart Live? – Nintendo Switch Craft – A Nintendo Podcast
FTC: As an Amazon Associate RunJumpStomp earns from qualifying purchases using links on this channel and across the web. Where possible, RunJumpStomp uses affiliate links in order to be compensated for our recommendations.